This was our second time to Hong Kong, the first time I did a girls trip with Gideon who was just two! (I wore him in my backpack the entire time!!) This time around we only had 3 days and in retrospect adding one more day would have been perfect. This is a wild and crazy city with so much to see and can be challenging with kiddos in tow. It’s shoulder to shoulder where we stayed (kowloon) My senses were completely overwhelmed in both good and alarming ways. (so many different smells, sights, people, shops and markets)
My top pics for 3 days in Hong Kong
1. Stay in Kowloon- This spot is so central to their subway system, markets, the harbor, Victoria’s Peak, and just a 20 minute train ride to Disneyland. I highly recommend the salisbury ymca hotel or the Holiday Inn golden mile for families. We actually stayed at the best western plus this time around and while it was close to shops we still had to walk a distance to get the subway (MRT)
2. Temple Street Night Market and Stanley Market (I hear ladies market is great too!)- I particularly loved Stanley market because it was away from the city and in a waterfront area with shops/trendy restaurants-.colored buildings and all around dreamy.
3. Ocean Park- Wonderful sea-world type amusement park with spectacular views and great for all ages. The sky ride is one you’ll never forget. (the Bus tour stops here!)
4. Big Bus tour- If you don’t have a lot of time you’ll get the most bang for your buck on the bus tour. This offers many different options, I went with the green line figuring we needed a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and we did. Our tour included victoria’s peak, stanley market, repulse bay, ocean park, and a sampan ride to the floating restaurant. If I had an extra day, I would add another full day of the bus tour to a different area! Its that wonderful plus you listen to audio all about the sites. (#dorkstatus)
5. Victoria’s Peak. Take the ferry over from Kowloon, and ride the tram all the way to the top for the absolute best views of hong kong!
6. Disneyland. Confession time, I’m not a huge Disney fan, but this park was the perfect dose of Disney with minimal lines. We truly had a magical time. The MTR pink line complete with mickey shaped ears takes you straight to the park, like I said magical.
7. Harbor Laser light show. FREE! Every night the harbor lights play a laser light show, its pretty spectacular!
A Christian, married to an insanely gifted and talented Marine husband, mother to Gideon (15), Boaz (10) and our rainbow baby, Shiloh. I’m actually an R.N turned accidental photographer, currently living in Fredericksuburg, Va after completing our final tour in Okinawa Japan. You'll find travel, Jesus, and lifestyle posts here on the Journal.